WordFlight assesses and accelerates foundational reading skills to prepare students in grade 2-8 to become fluent readers.
WordFlight bridges the gap between phonics and fluency.
WordFlight takes a new, research-based approach to help students become fluent readers.
The science clearly demonstrates that phonics skills alone are not enough to reach fluency. Evidence points to a common missing foundational reading skill: automatic word recognition.
In fact, it is estimated that up to 50 percent of students in the United States are struggling with the foundational skills they need to become fluent readers.
WordFlight is the only patented literacy solution that both assesses and builds automatic word recognition as students learn the prerequisite foundational skills for fluency.
WordFlight gets results for developing and struggling readers by merging the science of reading with the science of learning.
- Diagnoses gaps in foundational reading skills.
- Uses a proven, research-based learning model to maximize retention and generalization of reading skills.
- Improves important reading skills like decoding, encoding and automatic word recognition.
- Enhances phonemic awareness, orthographic mapping, spelling, vocabulary development, and comprehension.
WordFlight is an effective intervention for struggling readers in grades 3 and above.
Students who continue to struggle with reading in late elementary and beyond often have gaps in their foundational reading skills. This means they may:
- Read slowly, with great effort and difficulty
- Struggle with decoding
- Are unable to easily identify and distinguish vowels
- Do not understand how syllables work or have difficulty breaking words into syllables
- Cannot quickly and automatically apply and generalize knowledge of phonics to new words or to connected text
- Have difficulty spelling
Because WordFlight focuses on building foundational reading skills, it is an effective MTSS Interventions for Tiers 2 and 3.
WordFlight is also effective for special populations, including:
Schedule a demo to experience WordFlight in action.
COPYRIGHT © 2023 FOUNDATIONS IN LEARNING. ALL RIGHT RESERVED