Join us for a series of webinars in February, March, and April 2022 that showcase a new diagnostic assessment and instructional tool that tackles a significant challenge for struggling readers—the missing link between phonics and fluency.
Discovering the missing link between phonics and fluency
February 16, 2022 at 12:00 CST
Noted researcher, Dr. Carolyn Brown, will show you how to prepare your students to become fluent readers by targeting the missing link that bridges phonics to fluency.
Research shows that many students continue to struggle with basic reading skills despite concerted efforts by educators to teach reading. WordFlight is an online literacy solution that identifies and addresses gaps in foundational knowledge and skills by directly targeting development of automatic word recognition required for fluency.
You will learn how to:
- Determine the essential components that bridge phonics and fluency
- Identify students at risk for lack of foundational reading skills
- Unpack automatic word recognition and how it develops
- Use a new learning framework that helps students use and generalize their knowledge—the key to fluent reading.
Dr. Carolyn Brown, Ph.D.
WordFlight™ is a trademark of Foundations of Learning, an Iowa company.
Please register separately to each Webinar as they come available.
Making your current reading curriculum more accessible and effective
Carolyn Brown and guest panelists share how to use this new evidence-based online reading tool with all reading programs.
Decades of research in cognitive science and learning offer proven approaches to building the automatic, expert skills required for proficient reading. WordFlight activates these foundational skills and ensures that students get the most out of their current reading programs and tools. This assessment and instruction system supports any reading program by preparing your students to reach reading fluency.
In this webinar, you will learn how to:
- Identify the missing links that prevent students from progressing
- Conceptualize the development of foundational skills in a way that leads students to generalize and transfer skills to new contexts
- Use a new learning framework to personalize lessons to each student’s needs.
Close the reading gap with the right practice at the right time
Carolyn Brown and guest panelists share how to integrate this targeted tool into your reading instruction to help your students become fluent readers.
WordFlight is an evidence-based program built on a decade of research and development that helps diverse learners discover the missing link between phonics and fluency.
In this webinar you will learn how to:
- Assess early--—make visible students’ strengths and weaknesses from a diagnostic profile and develop insights about each student
- Evaluate the capacity of instructional tools to develop automaticity, essential to fluency
- Use a new learning framework that helps students use and generalize their knowledge—the key to becoming a fluent reader.
Register today for one or all of these webinars to learn how WordFlight helps struggling readers become fluent readers.
Registration also includes access to archived webinars.
- Is based on proven research that integrates current learning science
- Supports any reading program
- Targets gaps in decoding skills with new diagnostic assessment and curriculum
- Uses a new learning framework focused on automatic word recognition
- Builds the fluency connection for learners in grade 2 and above